3D LUT Creator
Bend your own color
1. How much is the 3D LUT Creator?
• Standard version costs $199
• PRO version costs $249
• Programs for PC and OS X are different licenses. If you are going to buy them all at once the two PRO-versions (PC+OS X) will cost $299.
2. What are the main differences between PRO and the Standard versions?
• The Color Match tool which allows to transfer toning and color schemes of your favorite photo or picture from the movie to your photo or video is available in Pro-version only.
• Also in Pro-version the maximum LUT size is 96, in the Standard version it is 33. This means that the quality of color transitions in the Standard version is lower. Especially it is noticeable when creating color masks.
• If you are professionally involved in the presize color reproduction then the Pro version is also recommended, as it has the tool for working with color targets such as X-Rite and DSC Labs.
3. Can I upgrade Standard license to the PRO?
• Yes, you can. It will cost $99. To do it you need to contact Support or write to online chat.
• According to statistics, 95% of users buy PRO. About 90% of those who bought Standard, go to the PRO. Therefore we recommend to purchase the PRO version. This will save you $50, as the PRO costs only $50 more than the Standart but the upgrade costs $99.
4. How many computers can I install the program?
• After buying one license you will have 3 keys, but if you change your hardware or operation system you will need new key.
In 6 months you can ask Support for more keys if you used all 3. So if you install the program on multiple machines (up to 3), please, make sure that you have enough keys.
5. Do I have to pay for the program in the future? Are any updates included?
• Updates are free to version 1.xx. Current version of the program available on the site. If you do not want to update, you can use the old version of the program without any restrictions.
6. I cannot make payment for the program for some reason. What should I do?
• Contact Support or write to online chat. You will be sent details of the payment method that suits you.
7. How do I activate the program?
• Download the program from your personal account and run it. Copy Computer ID, paste it in the form for Activation code in your personal account and generate it.
8. Which programs can I import LUTs created in 3D LUT Creator?
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Premiere
• Adobe SpeedGrade
• Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve
• FinalCut Pro X
• Sony Vegas
• Unity 3D (Color Correction Lookup, Amplify Color)
If you use one of these programs you should think about buying the 3D LUT Creator to improve your workflow.
9. What is the Computer ID and how to find it?
• Computer ID is a unique code on your computer. It is generated by the program. To get it, you need to download the program from the personal account and run it from the computer on which it will work in the future. At first run the registration window with the Computer ID opens.
10. How do I update the 3D LUT Creator?
• The program will notify you when a new version comes out. To update the program you need to log in to your personal account (http://3dlutcreator.com/user.php) and download from there a new version of the program. Reactivating the program after the update is not required.
11. Is there a User Guide (manual) on the program and where it can be downloaded?
• The Link to the User Guide is on the program's website at the top menu.
12. What platforms does the program work?
• PC, since Windows XP and newer, 32 and 64 bit
• Mac, since OS X 10.6 or newer
13. I have a PC (or Mac) license and I want to purchase a license to a different platform. How can I do it and how much will it cost?
• To purchase a license contact Support or write to online chat at the website.
• The second license will cost $69 only.
14. My antivirus removes the program or does not allow it to start. What should I do?
• In order to combat piracy we have to use encryption of the programe code. Some Antivirus programs cannot read it and recognize it as the virus (it happens on Windows only), because it is encrypted self-extracting executable file. If you download the program from this website it does not have any viruses. To see how different antivirus works with the program load it to the https://www.virustotal.com and scan.
The program should be added to the list of antivirus exceptions. If it doesn't help, please, contact Support or write to online chart.
15. Is there integration of the program with Photoshop?
• Yes, Photoshop CS6 and newer supports LUTs. To configure the integration it is necessary to go to the menu File> Preferences> Integration tab and select your version of Photoshop.
16. I chose my Photoshop version in the program settings but the program still cannot send the LUT to Ps. How to fix it?
• You need to specify a direct path to your version of Photoshop. To do this, go to File> Preferences> tab Integration, select Custom Adobe Photoshop... and specify the path to your version of Photoshop.
17. I used all my keys. How can get new ones?
• Please, contact Support for new keys.
18. After registration in the personal account I did not received a letter with a password. What should I do?
• Check the "Spam" folder. If there is a letter, mark it as "not spam" and then as "Important." If the letter is not in the "Spam" folder, please, contact Support for the help.
19. I forgot my password from the personal account, and cannot restore it. What should I do?
• Please, contact Support for the help.
20. How does the 3D LUT Creator work with the video?
• You must import to 3D LUT Creator a frame of your video, edit it and make a LUT-file. Then, the LUT must be loaded in your video editor.
• At this time we are working on a plug-in to automate the process of exporting a frame and sending LUT to a video editor.
21. Does the 3D LUT Creator work with Log- support and RAW-video data?
Yes. The program supports the following Log and RAW formats of video:
• BMD Film
• BMD Film 4K
• DJI Inspire Log
• Canon Log
22. What color targets does the 3D LUT Creator support?
We work directly with major manufacturers of color targets as X-Rite and DSC Labs
• X-Rite ColorChecker Classic
• X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo
• X-Rite ColorChecker Digital SG
• X-Rite ColorChecker Video
• X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video
• DSC Labs OneShot
• DSC Labs CGH
• DSC Labs ChromaDuMonde
• DataColor SpyderCheckr 24
• DataColor SpyderCheckr
Even if your target is not listed above, you can load a file of the target measurement to the 3D LUT Creator and use it (.cie, .txt).
23. How to uninstall the program?
Uninstall on PC
• Delete the folder where the program's startup file and additional libraries are located.
• Delete the following branches in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ 3D LUT Creator
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ 3D LUT Creator Pro
To open the Registry Editor, click Windows + R. Type “regedit” in the command string and press Ok.
Uninstall on Mac
• Delete the program installation image.
• Remove the application from the Applications folder.
• To delete the settings file (reg.xml), open the Finder, then select Go> Go to the folder... In the window that opens enter the path to the settings file: /Users/<user name>/.config/LutCreatorMac/. Delete the reg.xml file.
If you have any questions that don't mentioned in FAQ or need help, please, contact 3D LUT Creator Customer Service, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below:
2013—2017 © 3D LUT Creator, All rights reserved