3D LUT Creator
Bend your own color
1. How much is the 3D LUT Creator?
• Grading Edition version costs $99 ($79 with Summer discount)
• Standard version costs $199 ($159 with Summer discount)
• PRO version costs $249 ($199 with Summer discount)
Programs for PC and OS X are different licenses. If you are going to buy them all at once the two PRO-versions (PC+OS X) will cost $299 ($239 with Summer discount)
2. What are the main differences between Grading Edition, Standard and PRO versions?
The detailed list of differences can be found in this table.
• The Color Match tool which allows to transfer toning and color schemes of your favorite photo or movie frames to your photo or video is available in the Grading Edition and PRO-versions. In the Standard version this function is disabled.
• In the PRO-version the maximum LUT size is 96, in the Grading Edition and Standard versions it equals 33. The larger the LUT size the higher the quality of color transition will be after the applying the LUT to your image or video file. it will be especially noticeable when creating color masks or working with Log and RAW images.
• If you are professionally engaged in a color reproducing of the subjects to be photographed or shoot under complex light conditions, we also recommend the PRO version because it supports color targets.
• Batch processing of a group of files by one LUT is available in the PRO version only.
3. Can I upgrade my program to more advanced version? How much will it cost?
If you need to upgrade you should contact Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The upgrade from the Lite version to the Standard costs $100. The upgrade from the Lite version to the PRO costs $150.
• The upgrade from the Standard version to the PRO costs $99.
According to our statistics, 95% of users buy PRO. About 90% of those who bought Standard license, go to the PRO within a week after the buying. Therefore we recommend to purchase the PRO version. This will save you $50, as the PRO costs only $50 more than the Standard but the upgrade costs $99.
4. How many computers can I install the program?
• After buying one license you will have 3 keys, but if you change your hardware or operation system you will need new key.
In 6 months you can ask Support for more keys if you used all 3. So if you install the program on multiple machines (up to 3), please, make sure that you have enough keys.
5. Do I have to pay for the program in the future? Are any updates included?
3D LUT Creator doesn't have monthly payments.
• Updates are free up to version 1.xx. Paid upgrades are 2.0, 3.0, etc. The cost of the update is 50% of the current version cost at the time of the update. If you do not want to update, you can use the old version of the program without any restrictions.
• The latest version of the program is available on our website.
6. I cannot make payment for the program for some reason. What should I do?
• Contact Support or write to online chat. You will be sent details of the payment method that suits you.
7. How do I activate the program? What is the Installation ID and how to find it?
• Download the program from your personal account and run it. The Registration form opens (as shown below). There will be your Installation ID. Installation ID is a unique code on your computer. It is generated by the program.
• Copy Installation ID, paste it in the form for Activation key in your personal account and generate Response key.
8. Which programs can I import LUTs created in 3D LUT Creator?
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Premiere
• Adobe SpeedGrade
• Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve
• FinalCut Pro X
• Sony Vegas
• Unity 3D (Color Correction Lookup, Amplify Color)
If you use one of these programs you should think about buying the 3D LUT Creator to improve your workflow.
9. How do I update the 3D LUT Creator?
• The program will notify you when a new version comes out. To update the program you need to log in to your personal account and download new version of the program. Reactivating the program after the update is not required.
10. Is there a User Guide (manual) on the program and where it can be downloaded?
11. What platforms does the program work?
• PC, since Windows XP and newer, 32 and 64 bit
• Mac, since OS X 10.6 or newer
12. I have a PC (or Mac) license and I want to purchase a license to a different platform. How can I do it and how much will it cost?
• To purchase a license, please, contact Support: email@example.com.
• The second license will cost $69 only.
13. My antivirus removes the program or does not allow it to start. What should I do?
• In order to combat piracy we have to use encryption of the programe code. Some Antivirus programs cannot read it and recognize it as the virus (it happens on Windows only), because it is encrypted self-extracting executable file. If you download the program from this website it does not have any viruses. To see how different antivirus works with the program load it to the https://www.virustotal.com and scan.
The program should be added to the list of antivirus exceptions. If it doesn't help, please, contact Support or write to online chart.
14. Is there integration of the program with Photoshop?
• Yes, Photoshop CS6 and newer supports LUTs. To configure the integration it is necessary to go to the menu File> Preferences> Integration tab and select your version of Photoshop.
15. I chose my Photoshop version in the program settings but the program still cannot send the LUT to Ps. How to fix it?
• You need to specify a direct path to your version of Photoshop. To do this, go to File> Preferences> tab Integration, select Custom Adobe Photoshop... and specify the path to your version of Photoshop below.
16. I used all my keys. How can I get new ones?
• Please, contact Support for new keys.
17. After registration in the personal account I did not received a letter with a password. What should I do?
• Check the "Spam" folder. If there is a letter, mark it as "not spam". If the letter is not in the "Spam" folder, please, contact Support for the help.
18. I forgot my password from the personal account, and cannot restore it. What should I do?
• Please, contact Support for the help.
19. How does the 3D LUT Creator work with the video?
• You must import to 3D LUT Creator a frame of your video, edit it and make a LUT-file. Then, the LUT can be loaded into your video editor.
• At this time we are working on a plug-in to automate the process of exporting a frame and sending LUT to a video editor.
20. Does the 3D LUT Creator work with Log- support and RAW-video data?
Yes. The program supports the following Log and RAW formats of video:
• BMD Film
• BMD Film 4K
• BMD Film 4.6K
• Red LOG3G10
• DJI Inspire Log
• DJI D-Log
• Canon Log
21. What color targets does the 3D LUT Creator support?
We work directly with major manufacturers of color targets as X-Rite and DSC Labs
• X-Rite ColorChecker Classic
• X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo
• X-Rite ColorChecker Digital SG
• X-Rite ColorChecker Video
• X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video
• DSC Labs OneShot
• DSC Labs CGH
• DSC Labs ChromaDuMonde
• DataColor SpyderCheckr 24
• DataColor SpyderCheckr
Even if your target is not listed above, you can load a file of the target measurement to the 3D LUT Creator and use it (.cie, .txt).
22. How to uninstall the program?
Uninstalling procedure on PC
• Delete the folder where the program's startup file and additional libraries are located.
• Delete the following branches in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ 3D LUT Creator
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ 3D LUT Creator Pro
To open the Registry Editor, click Windows + R. Type “regedit” in the command string and press Ok.
Uninstalling procedure on Mac
• Delete the program installation image.
• Remove the application from the Applications folder.
• To delete the settings file (reg.xml), open the Finder, then select Go> Go to the folder... In the window that opens enter the path to the settings file: /Users/<user name>/.config/LutCreatorMac/. Delete the reg.xml file.
If you have any questions that were not mentioned in FAQ or you need help, please, contact 3D LUT Creator Customer Service, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or use this form below:
2013—2017 © 3D LUT Creator, All rights reserved